Vintage Jacket Pattern


This week I got started patterning a cool Vintage Jacket that was hanging in the background for my Classic Tailoring: The Blazer class on Craftsy. I've had so many people ask me about it, I figured it would be a good one to start with if I'm going to make patterns to sell. So I've been spiffing up the workroom, sent off a couple of boxes of fabric donation to one of my favorite University Costume Shops, and threw a ton of stuff away and it's soooo much nicer. I replaced all my burned out lightbulbs, cranked up the Netflix and got started. I'll be posting my progress here. If you'd like to know the whole process, that I use for making the paper pattern, here's a $25 off discount link to the 
to give you all the nitty gritty details of the how and why.
After I get it all paper patterned I'm going to use Illustrator to make a digital pattern. Last year I stumbled upon this great class by Lauren Dahl, Pattern Workshop. So I'll be using that to hone the illustrator ninja skills I got from writing my book. Then I'll get to do the digital part of the drafting and grading, and tiling the whole shebang  for digital download. Her class could not have been offered at a better time for me. I'm excited to get moving on it. 
What's on your cutting table this week?


Comments

Nayla said…
I can't wait to see the finished pattern!
Anonymous said…
Very excited! Thank you so much for doing it!
Goldberry said…
This will be great. Do you have an idea yet what the yardage will be? I will buy the fabric this week since I have a coupon. A similar pattern by Vogue calls for 2 1/4 yards...

Goldberry said…
I bought 2.5 yards to be on the safe side. If there is extra I might need it for the matching dress.

Popular Posts